Businesses across all sectors can now utilize Citrix Desktop-as-a-Service. In particular, small and medium enterprises have been taking their business to Citrix DaaS faster and with greater motivation than their bigger counterparts. So far, one hindrance in the way of its adoption has been Citrix’s somewhat incompatibility with hybrid cloud use cases. However, Citrix has now thoroughly updated its most popular product line. Citrix DaaS can now work with hybrid clouds. The feature is of great benefit to many businesses as hybrid cloud adoption has sped up in recent years.
Basics of Citrix DaaS
Citrix DaaS or Desktop as a Service was the first DaaS iteration to have intercepted the market. Unlike on-premises VDI, Citrix DaaS refers to a fully managed cloud desktop infrastructure that delivers a complete, end-to-end desktop experience. This need of the hour has arisen partly due to the emergence of a remote workforce after the pandemic. It also emerged to minimize IT costs significantly. For businesses to flourish, inessential cost-cutting is a must. Citrix DaaS arms clients with the ability to divert funds from managing IT to managing the business, thereby tremendously raising productivity levels and output cycles.
Functionality of Citrix DaaS
Citrix DaaS delivers cloud remote desktops are high-performance and very easy to work with. They are typically offered as part of DaaS solutions and empower users to remotely access and work on Windows-based desktop sessions. Linux-powered sessions are also available, but most SMBs rely on Windows because it offers greater familiarity and ease of access among users. These sessions are built on cloud servers and delivered to end-user devices over a secure network. The reliability and security of the service come down to the experience and reputation of the provider. Citrix offers services that vouch for a more prosperous and speedier desktop experience on remote desktops.
Citrix DaaS for Hybrid Cloud use cases
Below is a discussion of the most business-friendly features of DaaS that make it a perfect solution for hybrid cloud arrangements. Citrix DaaS continues to be the industry’s primary choice for hybrid cloud activation.
- DaaS is a business-critical tool; Hybrid Cloud is a business-critical strategy
- Today, businesses hire a considerable pool of overseas talent, which means a significant portion of their critical workforce is off-premises. To make the most of a diverse talent pool, available resources, including remote desktop services, need constant improvement. This way, employees can be more productive off-site than they would be on-site. A workforce located at home or away from the office can deliver more because conflicts caused by work-life imbalance do scarcely arise here. However, cloud remote desktops are crucial for a home-based or mobile workspace to perform optimally. Accordingly, remote desktop services offer various essential features focusing on remote access and consistent desktop performance.
- Citrix DaaS is known for its gold-standard customer service
- Fully managed Desktop as a Service is only worth its salt if they offer 24*7 customer service. This means, come rain or shine, weekends or holidays, work goes uninterrupted. It is also not enough to be able to reach a call center. The ability to connect with on-site RDS experts and fix issues in real-time is equally important. Competent service providers ensure that a solid customer support system is essential to their managed solutions.
- Citrix DaaS combined with hybrid cloud makes financial sense
- And all things are pay-as-you-go, so clients only pay for what they use. This last feature holds special meaning to SMBs that frequently work on a scalable basis, with a variable workload and flexible workforce. Remote access unleashes a hands-on approach to business-critical processes to make the most of all available resources at any given time. azure virtual desktop pricing All permissioned users – no matter their location or device capability – can access work data, run any number of applications, and work on a unified workspace toward reaching more significant goals.
- Citrix DaaS guarantees Security to Hybrid Cloud manifestations
- The inclusion of state-of-the-art digital safeguards, such as a multi-factor authentication system, TLS 1.3, antivirus, Ransomware, and DDoS management, ensure that desktop operations occur in a protected environment with multi-layered security. Low-latency routes for desktop sessions imply the use of high-end SSDs (solid-state drives) for optimal performance and zero lag. Faster processing time with minimal performance issues is the key to maximizing the potential of a remote workforce.
- Citrix DaaS arms Hybrid Cloud arrangements with disaster-proof policies
- DaaS cuts out on physical, on-premises infrastructure that is vulnerable to internal and external breaches. On-premises VDI is replaced with remote cloud servers hosted in data centers located in some of the world’s safest, anti-intrusive locations. On the one hand, the presence of multiple data centers reduces the chances of IT outages. On the other hand, it makes sure that data is backed up and easily restorable. With information being stored in remote servers, vulnerabilities arising from end-user devices cannot compromise data integrity.
Benefits of Citrix DaaS
The adoption of hybrid cloud is seen as a favored strategy to save costs and ensure top-notch service. Hybrid Cloud is known to split workloads into public and private clouds to maximize the cost-effective aspect of a public cloud with the privacy and security associated to a private cloud. In both cases, end-to-end management is a huge plus because businesses need not worry about deployment and maintenance. Among Desktop as a Service providers, Ace Cloud Hosting brings to the global businesses end-to-end DaaS solutions that take care of everything from server management to IT upgrades.
Desktop as a Service pricing is much lower than a comparable on-premises infrastructure. But today, businesses rely on Citrix DaaS not only for reasons of cost-effectiveness. It also guarantees greater access and faster computing performance. Usually, the management of such resource-intensive sessions, along with the upkeep of high-end servers, can get very complex and expensive. But, thanks to the fully managed DaaS by providers like Ace Cloud Hosting, infrastructure maintenance is now handled by a group of dedicated experts situated off-premises.
The invasion of DaaS into the remote workspace has catapulted limited resources into unlimited possibilities. Undoubtedly, this sector’s growth and potential have been driven partly by mobilizing a remote and distributed workforce. But that mobilization process has only been possible due to the evolution of DaaS. It combines the need for high performance with the capabilities of a remote workforce by deploying a dedicated workstation that is secure, reliable, and accessible anytime, anywhere.