Businesses must be able achieve their goals quickly, efficiently, and effectively. Project management is a way to make it easier for everyone to communicate, collaborate, and meet deadlines.
A well-designed project management system can help companies to identify improvement opportunities, improve quality and reach their goals.
Business of any size can improve their productivity and efficiency through integrating a project manager application with best practices.
Many project management software packages can be integrated with other business system such as ERPs or CRMs to give businesses an overall view of their operations.
What’s Smartsheet Software?
Smartsheet is an online collaboration tool that allows businesses to manage projects and track progress.
Smartsheet Key Features
Smartsheet software provides powerful project management capabilities.
- A configurable, widget-driven dashboard that allows you view all the important information centrally.
- Track the activities of project collaborators using Activity Log
- Requests for approvals, notifications, and notifications for automated requests without technical knowledge
- Use calendar apps like iCal or Google Calendar to keep track of project status
- The Reports tool consolidates data from multiple sheets into a single summary view. These reports can be shared
- Control centre that grants access to a powerful portfolio tool (premium option).
- Integrate third-party apps like Office 365, Google Workspace and DocuSign to increase productivity
- Get a complete view on project information with customizable portals
Demos of Smartsheet will allow you to better understand its features and how they can benefit your project teams. Software Finder lets you book a demo.
Smartsheet pricing cannot be found in a free version. The Enterprise Plan costs $25 per month for up to three editors and unlimited users.
What is Freshdesk Project Management Software Software Software?
Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer service software that helps businesses manage customer relations.
Freshdesk Key Features
This software provides a powerful suite of customer service tools:
- One platform which combines communications from multiple channels
- Help customers resolve issues through different channels and convert them into resolvable tickets
- Mobile service to keep you updated
- Personalized customer service approach using customer segmentation
- Building custom applications
- Maintenance and automatic notifications
- Access controls to account access, single-sign on, IP whitelisting, and VPN features
- Self-service portal for customers
- Customer portals and custom workflows
Freshdesk demos can give you a better understanding of the software’s capabilities. This is especially true for large companies that require more features.
Freshdesk offers a free version for up to 10 agents. Enterprise and Pro versions are $49 and $79 per agent, respectively.
Final Verdict: Smartsheet Cost vs Freshdesk Cost
Smartsheet and Freshdesk both have project management capabilities. However, Freshdesk focuses more on customer service.
Freshdesk software tends to be more expensive than Smartsheet software. However, the free version can be used for testing purposes before purchasing.
Smartsheet on the other hand provides greater project management capabilities. However, you can still get a free trial to help make an informed decision.